Bio 301L Spring 2007 Quiz over lecture 4/27,
Genetically Modified Crops
1) How can we increase food production, and what drawbacks are involved
in increasing food production?
2) If all of your corn is yellow, could you use artificial selection to
produce green corn?
3) Can plants be genetically modified without human intervention?
4) Would using plants that are insect resistant or herbicide resistant
likely result in a reduction of chemicals used in agriculture?
5) Why might genetically modifying a plant have potentially
longer-lasting affects than spraying plants with chemicals?
6) Are genetically modified crops safe for non-human organisms?